On Friday, Katie and I will be off to Europe. That's really close now. This date seems to be here all of a sudden, and, no, I haven't packed anything yet. It's really funny to think about how little I'm taking with me overseas compared to what I took the first day to college. For those who don't know, I took a trailer and five or six people with me on move-in day, which is just a little painful to admit. Now I'm trying to pack five months worth of clothes into one fifty-pound suitcase. We'll see how well that works out.
For those worried about our health and safety, yes, I have watched the movie Taken, and no, my mother is not allowed to see it until after I'm back home.
We do have wifi in the apartment and Skype is going to be our main communication line- give us a call, just remember the seven-hour time difference.
I'm really excited about the classes I'll be taking:
Monday- Tuscany and It's Wines & Chocolate Artistry
Wednesday- Tradition of Italian Food I & Breads of Italy& Specialty Breads
Thursday- Food, Culture and Society in Italy
My classes are in English, but I'll be trying to pick up some Italian on the side. Katie will be taking courses in Italian; maybe she can teach me.
I'll be sure to let everyone know when we get there. Our first stop is Amsterdam on Saturday. Keep us in your prayers! Know that we will be missing everyone from home.
P.S. If you want a postcard, e-mail me your address, please :)
12 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Syd,
ReplyDeleteYour time abroad will be an experience that will shape your life! I wish you safe travels and happy days to come!
Love ya,
Crystal
Your classes sound great, but if there were homework, I would gain about 20-30 pounds! I hope you and Katie have a great semester. I will be praying for you both and look forward to hearing how you are doing.
ReplyDeleteLove you both,
Elizabeth
We are all going to miss y'all very much! I hope you have a safe arrival and I will be praying for y'all!
ReplyDeleteKeep posting! And be sure to post lots of pictures!
I Love y'all!
Hannah
You get chocolate classes?!? Remember EVERYTHING you learn... and come see me when you get home! We miss y'all already!
ReplyDelete